[talk-au] Upcoming events

Herbert.Remi Herbert.Remi at protonmail.com
Sun Sep 22 05:34:37 UTC 2019

# Upcoming events
State: ACT
Thank you for making me welcome in this forum. Thank you also for your inquiry about my last post. There are several upcoming events. Please feel welcome to make constructive suggestions.
***
## Mapping Party ACT
If you are interested learning more about the ACT. sharing what you know, and wish to make improvements to the ACT please register here. Further information will be forthcoming.
Each “meeting” will focus on a particular theme. Here are some.
- Mapping the Molonglo Nature Reserve
- Mapping the Namadgi National Park
- Improving ACT mas for mountain biking
- Bike routes and better bike routes
***
## Upcoming discussion topics for the ACT
I will be posting more discussion topics in the coming weeks. For each topic, the OSM Wiki current position and contradictions will be considered, and examples from ACT OSM maps reviewed. The intent is not only to improve the quality and consistency of the mapping in the ACT but also make suggestions for OSM Wiki pages including additions and changes to the ACT sections of the Australian Guidelines. It should be a lot of fun. :-)

Here are the upcoming topics.
- Discussion C: Two steps forward and one step back: confusion about tagging bike tracks in the ACT
- Discussion D: All in a name: nomenclature for routes (relations) in the ACT
- Discussion E: Non-destructive editing: lifecycles, updates, and retaining histories
***
## Notes on markup formatting:
# first level header
## this gives you a second-level header
- this indents the paragraph
*** this puts a line between two paragraphs
***
## Motto
"You cannot know what you dont know and nobody can know everything. We have something to learn from each other."