[talk-au] Discussion C: mapping on the street :: fixmes

Jonathon Rossi jono at jonorossi.com
Fri Sep 27 00:35:59 UTC 2019

Personally I add fixmes and notes fairly often when mapping at my computer
when I hit the limits of my survey, rather than out in the field. Notes to
explain why something isn't quite consistent with everything else or a way
that ends abruptly; and fixme for myself (or someone else if they desire)
to fix it up after I get back out there to survey it again.

I've mostly viewed fixme as something that would best show up in a mobile
app to someone physically in the location to map accurately, rather than
the other direction of pushing it to someone behind a desk. Like how
StreetComplete prompts to fill in missing information, Fix Me would allow
you to prompt someone physically to collect more information that isn't
just missing tagging.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 9:59 AM Ben Kelley <ben.kelley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah agreed. If you added a FIXME, who would fix it?
>
> If I see something like that, I generally make a note to myself to go back
> and fix it later.
>
>  - Ben.
>
> On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 at 09:57, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> There are lots of fixmes on the map. They don't get fixed.
>> If you know of a correction .. do it. KISS.

Jono