[talk-au] Join roundabouts

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 09:09:21 UTC 2020

On 7/4/20 9:13 am, Andrew Harvey wrote:
> I mean when the from member should be the roundabout way, think of a
> large roundabout where the destination sign exists on the roundabout
> exit, the from is not the leading way it's the roundabout itself.

If the sign is on the exit of a roundabout you can:

1. Tag the outbound way using destination=*
2. Use a destination_sign relationship with a to and intersection member
but no from member (it's optional in this case because the destination
sign is identical from all inbound directions).
3. Use a destination_sign relation with to, intersection, and from
*node* members. You can use either a way or a node on that way to
specify a member of a destination_sign relation.

That's three alternatives to splitting the roundabout way to make a
destination_sign relation.