[talk-au] Tagging reserve of unknown size?

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 03:20:58 UTC 2020

If you're not able to determine even a rough boundary or area then a node
is best. If I have an idea of the area based on a few signs and different
locations, I'll draw a rough way based on that and add a fixme.

There's no single tag for anything named "Reserve", sometimes they are
amenity=park, sometimes leisure=nature_reserve sometimes maybe even
boundary=protected_area as "Public land", other times I haven't found a
suitable tag if it's just a wooded bushland and would just use natural=wood
and add the name. So really depends what's on the ground.

For most things in OSM which are better mapped as ways like
leisure=nature_reserve, I would say there is no problem tagging it as a
node when the area isn't known.