[talk-au] Remote mapping of a fence

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 23:14:37 UTC 2020

Warin, thanks for raising. I've asked the mapper to confirm their sources,
I'll see what they say first.

Mike, good point. As it stands due to reasons given at
https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/03/17/use-of-cc-by-data/ we need a
waiver to use CC BY data in OSM. In Queensland as listed at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_data_catalogue we've got
that waiver from TMR for state control roads surveyed centerline, Protected
Areas of Queensland, Brisbane City Council, Noosa Shire Council and City of
Townsville, but no other sources.

If someone want's to use this data to improve OSM the first step is we'll
need to approach Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for this CC BY
waiver.