[talk-au] Gravel pits?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 06:25:02 UTC 2020

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Warin - you reckon not map them?

Sebastian - as Michael said, both temp & permanent but *much* bigger than a
sandbox!

Here's one that I spotted while mapping t'other day, that got me wondering
about them.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?relation=6007743#map=19/-36.41030/148.59385

I know that in remote areas, they're often used as impromptu camping
grounds, being somewhere that you can pull up, usually out of view of the
road, & stop for the night.

Kevin - I've never heard of them referred to as gravel stacks, only ever
pits? Maybe a State thing?

Thanks

Graeme