[talk-au] Show grounds

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 04:04:45 UTC 2020

On 19/2/20 2:51 pm, Andrew Harvey wrote:
> Happy with recreation_ground. Agreed that amenity=exhibition_center is
> probably not the best fit for these.

landuse=commercial from the wiki is;

used for commercial purposes. Commercial landuse mainly deals with
services and trade (tertiary sector
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tertiary_sector_of_the_economy>). Such
area may consist of offices, administration, laboratories, logistics,
hotels, car repair stations, and associated infrastructure (car parks,
service roads, lawns and so-on)

That does not seem to be a good fit for country showgrounds. Ones in
more constant use for example with trade halls might be landuse=commercial.

I have found a few with the older tag 'leisure=recreation_ground' that
is clearly now 'landuse=recreation_ground'.