[talk-au] Fire Station Operators

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 22:06:39 UTC 2020

I've updated the Australian Tagging Guidelines with NSW fire station
operators
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Tagging_Guidelines#Fire_Stations
.

I'm proposing:

for NSW Rural Fire Service stations to use
operator=NSW Rural Fire Service
operator:wikdata=Q7011777

for Fire and Rescue NSW stations to use
operator=Fire and Rescue NSW
operator:wikidata=Q5451532

Does that sound okay?

I'm also suggesting to use the "branch=" tag to use the short name of the
fire station branch, which is usually the suburb name and is printed on the
fire trucks, since the regular name= tag could contain a longer signposted
name.

For other states, if this tagging is okay, please help fill in the operator
and operator:wikidata tags on the wiki page for your states.

I've created a MapRoulette challenge for NSW to fill in these tags either
as implied from the name, local knowledge or from street lever imagery
https://maproulette.org/challenge/11820