[talk-au] Fire Station Operators

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 03:07:31 UTC 2020

For operator it's best to choose the lowest level operator, even if they
are just a part of a larger organisation because the wikidata should
contain the hierarchy. operator is still useful even without
operator:wikidata. The motivation in NSW for adding these operator tags was
to distinguish the volunteer rural fire stations from the metropolitan
professional ones.

I just don't have the local knowledge for Queensland, but I'd say if they
fire stations have different signage and organisation it might make sense
to use different operator tags. The only other option could be to use the
brand tag, if they are all operated by the same organisation but just have
different "branding".