[talk-au] Jervis Bay Territory admin boundary

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 04:12:54 UTC 2020

Hi,

I know that there is a lot of water under the bridge - but I think I did
much of this boundary after the great copyright expurgation..

The source I used for much of it was the actual defining legislation.  You
may want to consult that in your work.  The LPI base map may well be
better, and that wasn't available at that time.

"All that piece and parcel of land and water situate at Jervis Bay in the
Parish of Bherwerre, County of St. Vincent, State of New South Wales,
Commonwealth of Australia, area about 18,000 acres, commencing at a point
on the high water mark on the left bank of Sussex Inlet at its intersection
with the western boundary of portion 12 of 40 acres and bounded thence
westerly and north-westerly by that high water mark to the high water mark
of St. George's Basin, thence in a general easterly and north-easterly
direction by that high water mark to its intersection with the production
westerly of the southern boundary of portion 18; thence easterly by a
straight line formed by the western production of the southern boundary of
portion 18, the boundary itself, and its production easterly to the high
water mark of Jervis Bay; thence by a line across the southern part of
Jervis Bay bearing north-easterly to a point in the high water mark of
Jervis Bay at the northernmost extremity of Bowen Island; thence by the
high water mark of Jervis Bay and of the South Pacific Ocean along the
eastern boundary of Bowen Island to the southernmost point thereof; thence
by a line bearing south-westerly across the passage between Bowen Island
and Governor Head to the high water mark of the South Pacific Ocean on the
foreshore of the mainland, at the northernmost point of Governor Head; and
thence by that high water mark in a general southerly and south-westerly
direction to St. George's Head; thence in a general northerly, westerly and
south-westerly direction by the high water mark of Wreck Bay to the high
water mark on the left bank of Sussex Inlet before mentioned; and thence in
a general northerly direction by that high water mark to the commencing
point."

Ian.