[talk-au] Maxar bushfire imagery

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 10:42:47 UTC 2020

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 at 19:53, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tagged some buildings that have been fire damaged to a large degree.
> I have used building=razed however I think this is wrong.
>
> I think the lifecycle prefix should be used.
>
> The choices are;
>
> ruins:*
>
> or
>
> destroyed:*
>
> Thoughts?
>
> I note there is the possibility of partial damage. A new tag of damaged:*
> might be of use?

I'm all for using the lifecycle prefix,
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lifecycle_prefix. I agreed that if
there's still remains there use ruined or destroyed, not sure what the
difference is though. Once it's been cleared you could use demolished,
removed or raised, again not sure what the difference is. While damaged is
not documented it seems the perfect fit since there is no other suitable
tag for this on the wiki.

You'd probably need local knowledge to know all this, from the Maxar
imagery you can see houses and trace them not sure how easy it will be to
see destroyed houses though, will need to wait for the post event imagery
to come out.