[talk-au] Working with local government

Greg Dutkowski greg.dutkowski at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 04:08:02 UTC 2020

Hi,
I was thinking of using the ref tag to store the council ID for the object,
and then the council could use the OSMID in their database.
What I was looking for was tools or approaches for keeping the two in sync.
The foreign keys in each system are part of that.
The conflation tools Andew Harvey pointed to may be a way to go.
OSM is so big and diverse it is hard to get your head around all of the
possibilities, so contacts with people who are making conflation work would
be ideal.

Greg Dutkowski
+61 0362238495/0408238495
1 Cascade Road, SOUTH HOBART.