[talk-au] Question about houses

James Cridland james at cridland.net
Sat Mar 28 11:45:00 UTC 2020

Hello, folks - first time poster here, and (while I first edited OSM a
while ago) this my first time doing a lot of work in it to make it nicer.

I'm adding the buildings around where I live. They're all individual
buildings, mainly houses. In my part of Australia we've address points,
which come from the local council. They're in the middle of the lot - not
necessarily in the middle of the building on the lot.

Should I be:
1. Adding the building outlines and moving the address points to the centre
of the building?
2. Adding the building outlines and dropping the address point onto the
outline, so they're merged?
3. Adding the building outlines and dropping the address point onto the
outline at the entrance, so they're merged?
4. What the hell are you doing James, don't touch the address points?

Looking at the renderer: if I do #3, that moves the street number to the
entrance of the property, which is quite helpful, especially for a building
on a corner.

--
Tel/SMS/Signal/WhatsApp: +61 447 692743
Podnews <https://podnews.net/> · My radio trends newsletter