[talk-au] Mapping Transport for NSW transit stop numbers

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 22:08:10 UTC 2020

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 at 08:11, cleary <osm at 97k.com> wrote:

> Yes, I and others have used ref=* and it seems OK.  Example:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6763249794      However I have also
> seen others use local_ref=* as at
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2877506734

I agree, the stop number should use the ref key. At least according to
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:local_ref, that should be reserve
for the stand (eg. bus stand A, B, C).

I'm not sure that there is any purpose to "local_ref" unless it is somehow
> different from an official "ref".
>
> I have used only stop numbers noted from surveying signs at bus stops.
> Earlier this year there was brief discussion about accessing NSW Transport
> Open Data - for example
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2020-February/013568.html
>  but no one has yet acted on that, as far as I know.

There was some work going on at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TfNSW_Data_Imports which I don't think
made it to the list. So this is the perfect opportunity to raise it on the
list and if there are any concerns or discussions for that import, let's
work that out here.