[talk-au] Abbreviations in bus stop names (Was Re: Mapping Transport for NSW transit stop numbers)

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 05:17:03 UTC 2020

On 10/11/2020 9:08 am, Andrew Harvey wrote:
> There was some work going on at
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TfNSW_Data_Imports which I don't
> think made it to the list. So this is the perfect opportunity to raise
> it on the list and if there are any concerns or discussions for that
> import, let's work that out here.

What are people's views on abbreviations in bus stop names?

When I was working on bus stops in Canberra I converted names such as:

River St Opp Morpeth St
Yamba Dr 2nd After Wisdom St

River Street Opposite Morpeth Street
Yamba Drive Second After Wisdom Street

Is it worthwhile doing this for the TfNSW data or are people happy if
the abbreviated versions get imported?