[talk-au] Abbreviations in bus stop names (Was Re: Mapping Transport for NSW transit stop numbers)

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 07:13:16 UTC 2020

I'd lean towards the full word in line with already standards for street
name abbreviations. Usually it's easier for data consumers to abbreviate
these later than going the other way. At the same time though if we're
talking about importing these, then I'd be okay with the initial import
being abbreviated, with the expectation that eventually they'll become
expanded.