[talk-au] Question: This Friday, will you be having a GeoParma, GeoParmy or even a GeoParmi at the local State of the Map (SOTM) conference?

Ewen Hill ewen.hill at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 10:13:36 UTC 2020

Sorry for intrusion.however it is OSM related...

This is the third year of the Oceania *State of the (OSM) Map* and *FOSS4G
(Free and Open Source for Geospatial) *conference which was to be in Fiji
after sold out years in Melbourne and Wellington. This year we are bringing
it to Melbourne along with Apia (Samoa), Auckland, Christchurch &
Wellington, Bairiki (Kiribati), Cairns, Canberra, Hobart & Perth, Majuro
(Marshall Islands), Rarotonga (Cook Islands) and of course our original
hosts, Suva in Fiji. Each

Please consider joining us this *Friday, November 20th *- Hub details are
at *https://2020.foss4g-oceania.org/index.html#map
<https://2020.foss4g-oceania.org/index.html#map> *

In *Melbourne *we have an interesting collection of speakers and we have
included lunch. It is a 10am start for four hours at the magnificent Mint
in the Melbourne CBD. Tickets ($25) are extremely limited and sadly
interactions will be somewhat restricted however join like minded people
from the community and enjoy the first conference back in Melbourne.

Finally - have you done something amazing this year with opensource
software and can talk for either 5 or 20 minutes then we would love to hear
from you before COB Tuesday. Other hubs are also keen to have short talks
as well. Get 2020 back on track and we hope to see you at one of the hubs.

Ewen, Ed, Henry and Phil
Melbourne Hub coordinators