[talk-au] Tagging Culverts on Roads

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 00:40:13 UTC 2020

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 at 10:19, Andrew Hughes <ahhughes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Questions : What are the correct tagging for the ways below?

Sorry, got to say that I personally can't see anything "wrong" with either
of them?

>    - Way https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/28010677 :
>       - *Q: Tagged as a bridge, but should it be? What else is missing?*
>
> It looks like a defined bridge passing over a (probably) storm-water
drain. The road is tagged as a bridge at layer=1. The drain could be tagged
as -1 but I believe that's not strictly necessary.

>    - <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/28010677>
>    - Way https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/783119480
>       - Way needs to be split
>       - Currently it is not tagged, only the water course is tagged with
>       tunnel https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/27885431
>       - *Q: What should the (split) segment be tagged with?*
>
> Why does the way need to be split? On imagery, it looks like a road
without a discernible bridge, while the drain runs under it through a
culvert as -1, which seems to be fine?

Thanks

Graeme