[talk-au] Tagging Culverts on Roads

Phil Wyatt phil at wyatt-family.com
Fri Nov 27 01:08:17 UTC 2020

Hi Andrew,

I think you also need to consider the maxweight and restrictions key in this discussion

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:maxweight

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Restrictions

Is it not more likely that a road would have a displayed sign where a weight limit / restriction exists and this should be added to the road? I am not sure that most folks would have the ability to assess a culverts carrying capacity but I can see why you would like some attachment to the road way rather than the hydrology.

I am however, not up on all the fine detail on tagging – it does my head in 😊

Cheers - Phil