[talk-au] Tagging Culverts on Roads

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 22:10:57 UTC 2020

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 at 19:38, Andrew Davidson <theswavu at gmail.com> wrote:

> OSM doesn't really have any existing tagging for flood vulnerability of
> water crossing, except perhaps bridge=low_water_crossing. ford=yes could
> be anything from a track over a watercourse that runs maybe once a
> decade to a crossing that's only safe to use for a couple of days a year
> by vehicles equipped with a snorkel.

I can't see any reason not to just use ford=yes for floodways?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ford suggests using depth=0 "for
fords that are dry most of the year", together with intermittent=yes. I've
done this for footpath fords, together with a description= "After heavy
rain only" & also a maxdepth=1, based on the flood height post.

Thanks

Graeme