[talk-au] Sufficient permission?

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Tue Oct 6 22:25:08 UTC 2020

Hi

My guess is that it is not sufficient permission. But I have an
additional question and a possible solution for you.

If a large group of people who were familiar with an area could
confidently name a feature without referring to a map, for example the
members of a bushwalking club, then my understanding of OSM rules is
that you can use that name.

My question to the community: if I ask one person, who is not
connected with a mapping business and has detailed knowledge of an
area and they can confidently name a feature without referring to a
map, is that sufficient?

Tony