[talk-au] Fwd: vine row tagging

Little Maps mapslittle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 22:36:53 UTC 2020

That’s an interesting development in OSM micro-mapping John. Can I put a vote in for using natural=tree_row rather than barrier=fence, if no better options are available. I’m not arguing from the point of rendering, but from the perspective of developing a tagging scheme that will be useful in other orchards and even perhaps timber plantations, if future mappers extend this process. Most (all?) orchards and plantations have woody plants in rows, but only a few have fence-like trellises. Natural=tree_row would be suitable for a wide range of orchards and plantations whereas barrier=fence is much more restricted. It would be a pain if the almond plantations and citrus orchards in a region used one tagging scheme while the nearby vineyards used a different one. I’m certainly glad I don’t have to map them all! Best wishes Ian