[talk-au] Fwd: vine row tagging

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 03:39:57 UTC 2020

Thanks Ben,

That's a good point re: accuracy. But absolute position within a few meters
may be OK, if the relative position is maintained. Vine rows are generally
visible on imagery and could be mapped that way. It's also not unusual for
a vineyard to survey their rows with high accuracy GPS.

About usefulness to farmers... this mapping initiative is coming from the
viticulture community, so I have to assume they have reasons to find it
useful.  If those reasons are compelling enough, they'll probably be the
ones doing much of the mapping... and if in the end it doesn't prove to be
useful then it probably won't go very far.

Cheers
John