[talk-au] Microsoft Australian building footprints

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 04:34:48 UTC 2020

Looks like my other message didn't go through.

Agree re the slight rotational issues; and it being at about the level of a
new-intermediate contributor from the samples around Adelaide I managed to
look at.

I found sometimes, it would mistake bright concrete as part of a building
footprint.

Because of the simple way I split the files up, I've only got sporadic
coverage - a few buildings per street from my 10% sample. I'm not sure if
the original file is sorted by longitude/latitude in any way; or if the
model simply missed many of these. @Andrew Harvey <andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com> -
can you shed some light on this?