[talk-au] Mapping "off track" hiking routes

Phil Wyatt phil at wyatt-family.com
Sun Oct 25 20:33:29 UTC 2020

Hi Andrew,

There is a document here that spells out how the Tasmanian PWS uses the various track classification schemes. Search for ‘publicity’ to get to the classifications that should not be on maps.

https://parks.tas.gov.au/Documents/Walking_Track_Classification_Policy_.pdf

and an evaluation report on track management in general

https://parks.tas.gov.au/Documents/Evaluation_Report__Back-country_walking_track_management_in_the_Tasmanian_Wilderness_WHA.pdf

I can load up the actual walking track strategies if you like but they are hefty volumes!