[talk-au] OpenStreetMap Wiki page Australian Tagging Guidelines has been changed by 2hu4u

Peter leGras radiotrefoil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:26:21 UTC 2020

Hello, 2hu4u here (this is my first message on the mailing list).
Regarding water towers, not sure if there is local/state variation, but
large public tanks connected to the mains utility (commonly with capacities
of 1-25 megalitres) are referred to by Sydney Water as "covered
reservoirs". This is a grey area I guess; I thought perhaps it would be
useful to distinguish the slight nuance between designated reservoirs and
"man_made=storage_tank + content=water" of the kind that collects or stores
water on a smaller scale and is disconnected from the greater water
network. I will be posting photos of example tanks on the wiki soon.
Looking forward to working with you all.
Cheers