[talk-au] OpenStreetMap Wiki page Australian Tagging Guidelines has been changed by 2hu4u

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 13:30:40 UTC 2020

Hi Glad to see you on the list, I tried to CC you on the list message in
case you weren't subscribed but didn't know your email.

I'm not sure if it's used by the network tag
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:network I think could be used to
say which network it's part of and hence distinguish the Sydney supply from
other ones disconnected from this network. In addition to the operator tag
(though in theory you could still have Sydney Water operating some isolated
systems).

After doing some more digging looks like there is some discussion on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:man_made%3Dreservoir_covered where
it seems they are mostly used the same way. I had assumed reservoir_covered
was for large (wider than high) in ground reservoirs, with a lining of some
kind, that are covered, with storage_tank would not be sitting in the
ground but rather on the ground and usually not that wide compared to high,
but maybe this is not really backed up by how the tags are defined and used.

More photos of the various kinds would help.