[talk-au] Contributions to Road Geometry in Perth,

Sebastian Spiess mapping at consebt.de
Sun Sep 20 05:47:03 UTC 2020

On 3/9/20 9:38 pm, Ian Steer wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 19:23:21 +1000
>> From: "Sebastian S." <mapping at consebt.de>
>> Subject: Re: [talk-au] Contributions to Road Geometry in Perth,
>> 	Australia
>> Hi,
>> I have made excessive use of the node tag for islands.
>> Particularly for pedestrian crossing.
>>
>> Splitting the road into two separate ways for only a few metres seems excessive to me. Even when there is a several Meter long raised kerb separating the lanes I would not >split the road.
> Could you please elaborate on this method you have been using ?
>
> Ian

Hi Ian,

have a look at Marianna Road

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/176612937#map=19/-33.69876/151.28378

where I have used islands for stretches in the road that are separated
by a concrete barrier. (Height is like a curb so it could be argued if
this is segregated enough)

but even if the road was split by a proper island for the length of the
intersection I would not split the way.

Seb