[talk-au] Audible stock control fences - mapping

Bob Cameron bob3bob3 at skymesh.com.au
Mon Apr 19 06:05:53 UTC 2021

Opinions/ideas please

On a substantial number of roads I have encountered "fences" with motion
detecting squealers that deter stock not unlike a cattle grid. In fact
cattle grids on major roads are sometimes replaced by them.

I have only ever seen one with a warning sign despite the noise
sometimes sounding like a wheel bearing screech...

They are also often integrated into wild dog barrier (higher) fences and
are reputed to have prevented a lot of sheep deaths.

What to map them as, if at all?

barrier:fence plus?

I saw a proposal in the wiki to use a sensory:audible tag for playground
equipment but that doesn't seem valid.

Tnx