[talk-au] Which street to use?

Kim Oldfield osm at oldfield.wattle.id.au
Tue Apr 27 04:53:22 UTC 2021

Hi Graeme,

When I've mapped addressees I've added a node where the driveway enters
the property. This has two advantages: it's easy to add when doing a
street survey (unlike mapping a building or property boundaries), and
when navigating to the property the driveway is usually where you want
to go.

In your situation this means a node near West St tagged with 135 East
St. Add a note tag to explain why if you think this will help.

There is no consensus according to
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Addresses
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Addresses>:

    Address information can be added to OpenStreetMap using a variety of
    methods, such as adding a simple node containing an address, adding
    address information to a building, site or other area, or
    alternatively to an entrance node for the building or site.

See also the proposal House_numbers - Karlsruhe_Schema - Giving hints
about the road-access
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/House_numbers/Karlsruhe_Schema#Giving_hints_about_the_road-access_.28optional.29>.