[talk-au] Converting railway= abandoned to highway=track

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 04:53:47 UTC 2021

On 14/2/21 8:09 pm, Michael Collinson wrote:
> I think a much better option is to leave the railway=abandoned as is
> is and draw a new way using most but not all the same nodes for the
> new superimposed infrastructure. That way map makers who want to show
> old railway infrastructure can show the railway and choose to ignore
> the cycleway and vice versa. It avoids confusing cross-tagging and
> allows deviation between the two infrastructures.

OSM is for what is here now.

For stuff that is no longer here, then use OHM.

If a railway has been converted into a track then it should be mapped in
OSM as a track.

If a track has been converted into a railway then map it in OSM as a
railway.

Placing now nonexistent railways through presently existing houses,
parking lots and roads is delusional.

And yes this has been done in Victoria... and I have changed it to
raised:*=*. Hopefully it has not been changed back into 'existence'.