[talk-au] highway=track update

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 04:35:28 UTC 2021

Actually reading that wiki section I would come to the opposite conclusion.

> for any dirt or gravel road
> For roads which are "rugged" and may require a 4-wheel drive

Many unpaved roads we have in Australia have a highway=* classification
higher than track. We generally map based on the importance of the road,
and whether it's paved or not, or needs 4wd or not doesn't affect this.

We have many "Fire Trails" which are highway=track (but certainly not the
only kind of highway=track that exists), I tried to make the wiki page
clearer that Fire Trails are highway=track, but this was changed to say
forestry roads which may include for firefighting.