[talk-au] OSM Search results return strange stuff for Victoria.

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Tue Jan 19 14:26:58 UTC 2021

Ewen,

I can't give you a definitive answer but I have noticed that the
Nominatim search engine will give you a "close to" town, etc rather than
a for sure field. 3192 is for Cheltenham directly south-east and I have
for sure mapped a lot of address tags there with post code. I would
hazard the guess that it is extrapolating from those. Adding a few
(more?) points for Highett would not hurt. I mostly use till receipts.

Mike