[talk-au] Funding for OpenStreetMap initiatives

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Fri Jul 9 10:28:16 UTC 2021

Hi Ed

I have enjoyed the mapping days in Melbourne through Meetup. They were
a good opportunity for networking. It would be good to do more.

It might be good to combine armchair mapping with some real world surveying.
Some suburban or country locations too, central city does not suit
everybody. Funding could go to venue hire and internet access.

This is a good opportunity to plug the mapping and planting day in
Lysterfield (Melbourne Australia outer suburb) Saturday 17 July
https://www.parkconnect.vic.gov.au/Volunteer/public-planned-activity/?id=c38ff798-914c-ea11-b698-0003ff6f5db4

We will meet at 10am at https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/470224935
and plant and map 250 trees. When we have had enough we will retire
(about noon) to the Eating House
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5395792026 for some armchair
mapping. We will see how long you can stay there over one coffee and
how slow their internet is, they say it is really slow.

Maybe we could have put money into venue hire and internet, we will
have a better picture after the event.

One thought, we could, with Parks Vic permission, erect signs at the
planting telling the story of the project and listing the project's
partners including OSM and OSGeo, four 600x450mm corflute signs cost
$113

Tony