[talk-au] Funding for OpenStreetMap initiatives

Sam Wilson sam at samwilson.id.au
Tue Jul 13 04:05:35 UTC 2021

I've also had conversations like that, and have rarely managed to
convince people that I'm not peculiar. I remember one bloke found it
more believable that I was collecting photos of power poles than that I
was contributing to a map!

OSM UK has high-viz surveyor vests
<https://osmuk.org/community-projects/surveyor-hi-vis-jackets/>, or
rather instructions for how to get a work-wear company to make such a
thing on order. I wonder if we could do something similar here?

But yeah, I agree that a 'official' OSM Oceania leaflet or lanyard or
something would be great. I mean, I realise I could just print such a
thing, but there's something better about it having some sort of
community standing.

—Sam.