[talk-au] Funding for OpenStreetMap initiatives

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 08:05:13 UTC 2021

On 13/7/21 4:31 pm, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 14:35, Edoardo Neerhut <eneerhut at gmail.com
> <mailto:eneerhut at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>      The iD of some sort along with flyers is a good idea though. If
>     OSGeo Oceania was willing to place an initial order of 50 or so,
>     do you think you'd be able to help design them @graeme?
>

> We're away for the next week, but will have a think about them.
>
> Of course, if, in the meantime, somebody else wants to jump in & work
> it out, feel free! :-)

Umm well this fellow in England has some experience...

Brochure

https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/alexkemp/diary/47653

He also suggests business cards - much easier to carry.

Unpleasant experiences with local mapping?

https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/alexkemp/diary/41154

His diary entries are extensive if you care to look.

Drones are illegal in NSW and Tassie National Parks unless you get
permission, for OSM that means you need permission to take video that
may result in earnings.. and pay a price for that.

Drones are illegal close to all airports in Australia.