[talk-au] Roads in Industrial Estates: Residential, Unclassified or Service?

Adam Horan ahoran at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 05:23:17 UTC 2021

Industrial on one side, residential on the other?
Personally I don't mind leaving this as residential as you suggest, so just
mark it as not an issue.

This is also why I've not yet done the same challenge for Commercial, as
there's even more scenarios where they are mixed.

Re setting up challenges in MapRoulette and overpass.

You can check your throttle status on the standard server here
https://overpass-api.de/api/status

If you get blocked on the standard one then you can change the overpass api
server that you're working with. In overpass-turbo setting you can switch
to https://overpass.kumi.systems/api which is a different instance hosted
by some people who don't have a limit https://overpass.kumi.systems/
In my tests the data is recent.

Speaking as a programmer, I'm not sure that I've ever encountered a
language as poorly explained and documented as overpass QL.