[talk-au] Street Lamps

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 07:28:15 UTC 2021

On 12/6/21 9:59 am, Andrew Munday wrote:
> Hello everyone. I'm not sure what I'm doing with this mailing list
> thing so bear with me. I'm building an augmented reality game ala
> Pokemon Go and one of the objects in the game are street lamps. I've
> been adding a lot of changes around my house in Canberra for around a
> year and the other day I found out about automated edits and figured I
> could use the street lamps dataset at
> https://www.data.act.gov.au/Infrastructure-and-Utilities/ACT-Streetlights/cfpr-4tpw
> <https://www.data.act.gov.au/Infrastructure-and-Utilities/ACT-Streetlights/cfpr-4tpw>
> to speed up the process. I did look at the automatic edits code of
> conduct page and I couldn't figure out who I should contact about my
> plans to do it so I submitted a few changesets and ticked the box
> saying I wanted someone to review my edits which got someone to tell
> me to message here. I'm happy to undo the changesets if needed but I'd
> like some guidance on how to do this sort of thing.

Always best to ask. Thumbs up.

Could you give a link to a changeset so 'we' can see what you have done?

e.g changeset link https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/106242291

Wot else? You'll have to raise it on at least one other list .. but
you'll get good feed back here before you go there for international
exposure.