[talk-au] Victorian Vicmap Address Import Proposal

Andrew Harvey andrew at alantgeo.com.au
Sun Jun 13 07:52:29 UTC 2021

I decided against a reference, see https://gitlab.com/alantgeo/vicmap2osm/#why-no-vicmap-id

> I am also wondering if it makes sense to add a clean up tag for all duplicate points. Think tiger data import.

The import makes a big effort to remove all duplicates before import, so it shouldn't be adding any duplicates. There could be cases where the conflation hasn't picked up on an existing address being the same, so you could end up with duplicates this way, but from the checking I've done so far it doesn't look like it would happen much.