[talk-au] OSGeo Oceania tree planting and mapping day

Luke coolhandluka at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 10:22:49 UTC 2021

Hey All

As a Osgeo Oceania member, Victorian, local of dandenongs, SDCN member, I
am super sad to say I can’t make it as I have a family function.

If there are any pre or post events to complete the planting I am happy to
put my hand up! Please let me know!

Of note the area has suffered a lot of damage. Ensure you don’t get too
close to large fallen trees, especially the roots!

Luke Bassett

On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 at 11:19 am, <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Victorians
>
> OSGeo Oceania tree planting and mapping day is coming up on
> 17-Jul-2021. It was canceled in 2020 because of Covid19
>
> FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 conference chose to do an environmental
> planting in lieu of purchasing carbon offsets for the 2019 NZ
> conference. More background at
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BbmRF241Vd4QWZRt6l6FBWwtklzhg-ghgbnm2N9YQ6M/edit
>
> Churchill National Park is part of Greater Melbourne, the planting and
> mapping will proceed subject to Covid19 rules on that day.
>
> If attending, please register at
>
> https://www.parkconnect.vic.gov.au/Volunteer/public-planned-activity/?id=c38ff798-914c-ea11-b698-0003ff6f5db4
>
> Thanks
> Tony Forster