[talk-au] OSGeo Oceania tree planting and mapping day

Ewen Hill ewen.hill at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 10:57:29 UTC 2021

Thank you Luke.
   As a resident for many a year in Ferny Creek, I have never seen damage
like it and my former street is still on generators with power and
telephone lines littered all over the road. I wish everyone up there on the
mountain the best in exceedingly tough conditions. OSGeo-Oceania thank the
South Dandenong Community Nursery (SDCN) for the saplings and the work so
far under trying COVID-19 conditions. Stay safe Luke!

Ewen

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 at 20:26, Luke <coolhandluka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey All
>
> As a Osgeo Oceania member, Victorian, local of dandenongs, SDCN member, I
> am super sad to say I can’t make it as I have a family function.
>
> If there are any pre or post events to complete the planting I am happy to
> put my hand up! Please let me know!
>
> Of note the area has suffered a lot of damage. Ensure you don’t get too
> close to large fallen trees, especially the roots!
>
> Luke Bassett
>

> On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 at 11:19 am, <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Hi Victorians
>>
>> OSGeo Oceania tree planting and mapping day is coming up on
>> 17-Jul-2021. It was canceled in 2020 because of Covid19
>>
>> FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 conference chose to do an environmental
>> planting in lieu of purchasing carbon offsets for the 2019 NZ
>> conference. More background at
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BbmRF241Vd4QWZRt6l6FBWwtklzhg-ghgbnm2N9YQ6M/edit
>>
>> Churchill National Park is part of Greater Melbourne, the planting and
>> mapping will proceed subject to Covid19 rules on that day.
>>
>> If attending, please register at
>>
>> https://www.parkconnect.vic.gov.au/Volunteer/public-planned-activity/?id=c38ff798-914c-ea11-b698-0003ff6f5db4
>>
>> Thanks
>> Tony Forster