[talk-au] River Modernization

Phil Wyatt phil at wyatt-family.com
Mon Mar 1 02:41:48 UTC 2021

Hi Folks,

I have been slowly plugging away as part of this project to validate rivers
across Australia and to update riverbank tags. TAS, NT SA, WA and Vic are
complete (still some outstanding validation). I am now considering QLD and
NSW.

To date I have found there is a mix of both tags for riverbanks so I think a
consistent approach is a worthy goal in the long term. Feel free to join in
if you wish to get consistent tagging across the country. I am using
Overpass, ID and JOSM to get an understanding of what is out there in each
state.

<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:ZeLonewolf/Procedure/River_moderni
zation>
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:ZeLonewolf/Procedure/River_moderniz
ation

Same messages posted to Maptime Oceania slack channel and the Oceania
discord

Cheers - Phil