[talk-au] MapPatrick21

ULStudent:CIARA.WALSH 19251882 at studentmail.ul.ie
Tue Mar 16 15:38:06 UTC 2021

Hello friends,

Apologies for the first post we are trying to reach out to as many people with Irish heritage, including Australians!

OpenStreetMap Ireland will host a hangout on March 17th, which is Ireland's national day, also known worldwide as St. Patrick's Day.

The Irish community will be launched on the 17th and map for 5 days from the 17-21, with a special 'twist'. We will use all places in Ireland that have "Patrick" as part of their name and map everything in them. We know that many OSMUS community members have Irish ancestry, but even for those who do not, we appreciate your participation. For more information on the 17th event, see "openstreetmap 'period' ie" or check out the hashtag to find event details regularly tweeted. This will start at UTC±00:00 1100, so you might have to wake up piously early. We will kick off with some interesting talks, guests to be announced at the start.

Hope to see you there!
Kind Regards,
Ciara