[talk-au] Queensland Stock Route Water Facility - tagging

Bob Cameron bob3bob3 at skymesh.com.au
Sun May 9 04:21:55 UTC 2021

Tnx Graeme and Phil

I'd suggest then that operator be (eg);

>     "Balonne Shire Council - QSRWF"
>     Actually left abbreviated
>
>     And the name tag be what is on the signs (eg);
>     "Chippaway Water Facility"
>
> Sounds good!
>
> One other question I was going to ask earlier then forgot about - is
> there any sort of reference number shown anywhere, or just the name?

Unless its really written small somewhere, no. The large facility signs
are quite flashy and the site name is part of the original artwork. In
fact some of the finger signs seemed to have suffered a naming problem. eg;

"Coolabah Water
Water Facility"

ie "Water" on both lines.

Okay so as a closed way area above, plus;

man_made=storage_tank
content=water

as nodes. (since they'll be inside the area above)

If I only have street imagery and they aren't visible on Mapbox etc I'll
make the water facility a node.

I'd expect too that given they are mainly in dry areas the water could
also be used for fire-fighting, but not designated as such.

I'll give this a day or two for further comment, then start on them.

Tnx