[talk-au] Oceania representation at the OSMF Advisory Board

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Tue May 11 04:39:38 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Reaching out today with two related and important topics:

   1. *OSMF Advisory Board Meeting - May 25th*
   The OpenStreetMap Foundation's Advisory Board
   <https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Advisory_Board> is having a meeting
   on May 25th. You can see the meeting time in your timezone here
   <https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=1440&iso=20210525T14&msg=OSMF%20Board%20%26%20Advisory%20Board%20meeting>.
   Unfortunately the meeting will be very late for many in the Pacific. The
   meeting is open to all OSMF members and/or members of OSGeo Oceania. If
   this is you, consider attending. If not, consider becoming a member of
   OSGeo Oceania
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfyt_YoV6oK4hdVSsZjOACUV5V55J5m9RZtVUDuoFTidzZBDg/viewform?usp=sf_link>
before
   May 25th so you can attend.

   I will be representing OSGeo Oceania at this first meeting, but we are
   looking for representatives for future meetings (see point 2 below).

* - Is there anything you would like to put on the agenda? - Is there
   anything related to OSM in Oceania you would like let the OSMF know or
   would like to ask? - Do you have any concerns or positive sentiments to
   share on the governance of OSM?*
   2. *Forming the OpenStreetMap Special Interest Group (SIG)*
   After much delay and procrastination (my fault), I am finally calling
   the first meeting of Oceania's OSM SIG for May 27th. This is now possible
   thanks to the ratification of the OSM SIG Charter last month
   <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VCiKCEpSvqaSuSYTZwAck9I5Li9dGchl/view?usp=sharing>.
   Thank you to all who contributed to version 1.

   In this meeting we aim to elect a diverse group of representatives who
   will serve as the inaugural Steering Committee. This will include the
   election of a chair who can represent OSGeo Oceania at future OSMF Advisory
   Board meetings. The Steering Committee plays an important role in shaping
   the direction of OSM in our region. This includes the allocation of OSGeo
   Oceania funds to support OSM related initiatives.

   - *If this sounds appealing to you, be sure to attend. Want to
   participate? Nominate yourself on the day.*

*- Know someone who is well suited to this? Encourage them to attend and
   nominate themselves on the day. - If you can't attend, but would like to
   nominate, let me know and I can make sure your nomination is included on
   the day. *Make sure to add the event to your calendar here
   <https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MnA0dHRkODVrNnN2ZzRnYzViNmt2c3E0YTkgZGdlYTA2Y2YydHU5dWtsMmY3bm1mcWpwOThAZw&tmsrc=dgea06cf2tu9ukl2f7nmfqjp98%40group.calendar.google.com>.
   Let me know if you have trouble accessing it.

Kind regards,

Ed