[talk-au] Victorian Vicmap Address Import Proposal

cleary osm at 97k.com
Fri May 21 00:22:09 UTC 2021

In a previous post on this topic, I suggested it was important to include 'suburb' and postcode in the proposed address import because of my prior experience and discussion with other mappers about problems with Nominatim.

However, after reading Andrew Davidson's comments, I have checked some locations that I considered vulnerable to incorrect addressing. I was impressed to find that the only incorrect ones were those for which a suburb had been included in the address node but suburb boundaries had subsequently been changed so that the old (now incorrect) address continues to prevail whereas, without that tag in the node, the correct address would have been shown by Nominatim.

So I withdraw my previous comments and defer to Andrew Davidson on this point.