[talk-au] Victorian Vicmap Address Import Proposal

Andrew Harvey andrew at alantgeo.com.au
Tue May 25 04:15:42 UTC 2021

Nominatim shows at https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/ui/details.html?osmtype=W&osmid=28276516&class=highway it's matching both admin boundaries, which is fair because the road separates the two boundaries. So addresses on one side of the street will be in one locality, and addresses on the other side, the other locality. Because you're just searching for the road and not a street number it returns both localities.

> In this area, Watson Road is the boundary between Armstrong Creek & Kobble Creek "localities"
>
> AC: https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/11675264#map=13/-27.2282/152.7932
>
> KC: https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/11675296#map=13/-27.2679/152.8018
>
> KC has also been created as a "village" https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/310513460, although there is no village as such, it's just an area name.
>
> When I search via OSMAND though, it will find Watson Road, Kobble Creek, but won't find Watson Road, Armstrong Creek? It will also find Kobble as a suburb, & Kobbe Creek as a village, but won't find Armstrong Creek?
>
> So, is this a peculiarity of the way the PSMA ADmn Boundaries have been created, or something in OSMAND?

Maybe OSMAnd, I tried to search in the app but it was finding other results closer to me and not the ones you've listed here. If the address number was in OSM then it would probably start working as expected.