[talk-au] Cycling on Victorian paths

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 09:48:52 UTC 2021

On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 at 18:18, Sebastian Azagra Flores via Talk-au <
talk-au at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> The question is when is a foothpath with bicycles=yes considered a shared
> path?
> Should a shared paths be used over footpath=yes ?
>

>From my NSW perspective, shared paths are always tagged as
bicycle=designated + foot=designated + segregated=no. Most are
highway=cycleway but this is more just by convention, and a bit of bias
from cyclists, highway=footway or highway=path are equally okay in my
opinion.

Never heard of footpath=yes before, it's undocumented and has practically
no use https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:footpath. What do you use
footpath=yes to mean?