[talk-au] Cycling on Victorian paths

Adam Horan ahoran at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 23:23:54 UTC 2021

Hi Kim,
highway = pedestrian is for pedestrianised roads/areas rather then
footpaths/sidewalks/pavements for those I think the current tag is
highway=footway.
bridleway isn't in use in Australia much for the path types we're
discussing here.

I'd prefer a normal footpath to be
highway=footway - and no additional bicycle= or foot= tag, unless there's a
sign specifically barring cycling in which case bicycle=no

Shared paths (the most common ones after a walking only path)
either
highway=footway + bicycle=yes (I prefer this one)
or
highway=cycleway and a foot=yes tag to make it clear (I don't prefer this
one, but it's a mild preference)

This is mostly with a VIC perspective.

Adam