[talk-au] Basic question

cleary osm at 97k.com
Fri Oct 8 00:49:20 UTC 2021

Good mapping practice is to keep administrative boundaries such as state parks, conservation areas, suburbs etc separate from natural features such as water, waterways, woods etc.  While they sometimes approximate, they rarely coincide exactly.

Tagging a state park as natural=wood is usually inappropriate because there will, nearly always, be parts of the park that are unwooded.  Best to map the park with its official boundary and then map the natural features separately using other unofficial sources such as survey and satellite imagery.